Thursday, November 11, 2010

Super easy sparkly Christmas candles!

I've been drooling over all of the Christmas ads, magazines, etc lately and I've been seeing these lovely candles everywhere:


...for $15, seriously?? I love them but $15 for a candle!

Anyway, I knew I could make them myself super cheap and equally sparkly :)

Here's what you need to make your own:


I'm sure you can find the candles from the Dollar Store, Target, etc.  I got mine from Ikea as a set.  

Now on to the directions:

1.  Coat part of the candle with glue (I used my finger to spread it, if you don't like being sticky use a brush) and sprinkle some glitter


2.  Add more glue around the candle and sprinkle all the way around.  Try to keep an even line around...if it is slightly uneven run your finger across the top to even out


Here's what it looks like compared to the plain one...I looove sparkles


I did the next one with all silver sparkles...






Bright & Sparkly




There you go!  Total cost: under $5...I'd love to see if you try this sparkly project!

5 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn, that is the perfect economical idea! I can't wait to use my Hob Lob 40% off coupon for glitter YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think I like your's better-it looks like it has more texture and more sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are fantastic!!! Thank you for the tutorial. I will have to try this myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, I think it would make a fun Christmas present. I'm thinking of doing it with sand instead of glitter since I'm into beachy decor. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. are these candles for sale. i need gold ones for my wedding

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.