Sunday, October 19, 2014

Recipe || Roasted Red Pepper Pasta

Happy Sunday!  I whipped up this pasta recipe last night and it is a definite keeper!  My hubby can be picky about pasta, meaning if there is no meat it is not considered dinner.  I couldn't be more different and would pass up meat for veggies or pasta any day.  We come to a happy medium most nights ;)  I do think the words "this is a keeper" came out of his mouth, so you know it's a good one.  It also couldn't be easier.  I love recipes that are quick, easy, and tasty.


Ingredients:
3-4 large red bell peppers (1 one jar of roasted red peppers - not marinated)
1/2 large red onion, or 1 small red onion 
1 clove of garlic
1 cup of chicken stock
1/2 cup of white wine
1/4 cup of half & half or cream 
Fresh Parsley
Your favorite pasta (I used fettucine)

  • Turn on a large pot of water to a boil.  
  • Slice peppers in half and broil until skin is charred.  Put peppers into a paper bag to steam, then remove skin. (You can skip this step altogether if you use jarred roasted peppers) 
  • Dice up the onion and garlic then saute with a small amount of olive oil until translucent.  
  • Add in the roasted peppers and let cook a few more minutes, until onions and peppers are very soft.  (Like my cooking terms...very soft?! You know what I mean)  
  • Add in the 1 cup of chicken stock (or 1 cup of boiling water with a chicken bouillon cube dissolved) and wine then let reduce slightly. 
  • Drop pasta into boiling water, cook for appropriate time.  
  • If you prefer a smoother sauce, use a hand blender or food processor to puree the sauce. 
  • Once pureed, add in the half and half and simmer to warm through.  
  • Toss the drained pasta with the sauce and add fresh parsley and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese


Fresh parsley is one of the star ingredients so don't skip this! I decided to keep some texture in the sauce so I chose not to puree until smooth, just slightly blended.  It was so easy and so good.  Definitely a nice change to tomato sauce and Olivia loved it as well!  This will be added to the quick dinners list.  What are some of your favorite quick dinners?  Do you have a yummy pasta dish to share?  I'd love to hear! 


1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.