Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hump Day Highlights || Easter Edition + Link Up




Happy Hump Day! Every Wednesday five other mommas and I list some things from the past week that we are loving, can't live without, are on our wishlists, or are things we are just plain obsessed with - and we will even add links (when applicable) so you can check out or scoop up anything you love, too. 



Your weekly hosts are MistyAprilShannonAmandaDanica, and me! We would love for you to add your post to our link up of the things you are loving this week, too. And please spread the love by following the other blogs in the link up/commenting on their posts. This is such a great way to meet like-minded mamas and make new friends, all while showing off your blog, too. The Hump Day Highlights weekly link up is going to be a blast, I hope you link up and follow along!

This past week our weather has been so crazy here in NY. It's literally flurrying as I'm writing this...it's time to bring on the sunshine!! In order to not go stir crazy and get out some energy, I took Olivia to the park where she went down the big slide completely on her own - proud mommy moment! She also went hunting for rocks, which is her favorite new pastime - toddlers are so funny. 


I'm super behind on all things Easter...how is it on Sunday already?! I haven't even taken her to see the Easter bunny.  We always go to my dad's side of the family and there's so much food.  I look forward to it every year! I can't wait to watch Livvy hunt for eggs and open her Easter basket now that she's a little older and can understand more.  P.S. - anyone who says they enjoy and savor moments of dying Easter eggs with a toddler is l.y.i.n.g. I see that as an all over the house-ceiling-floor-mess.  All kidding aside, I'm totally planning on dying some with her but pretty sure by the end I'll be sticking to letting her decorate one with markers or stickers. Am I the only mama who feels that way? ;)  I decorated some during nap time, which was a little treat for me.  I really love creating fun things and these watercolor eggs were fun to make!

{Seen on my Instagram @thebirdsnestblog}


On to some Easter picks that I'm loving...

{Source: PagingSuperMom}

1.  This adorable printable is from Paging Super Mom and perfect for EOS lip balm.  Olivia is obsessed with lip balm and she is going to love this in her basket!  When she's requesting some, she smacks her lips together like a fish.  No words, just lip smacking...#toddlerlife.  Now she can stop stealing mine ;)

{Source: RainingHotCoupons}

2.  I love everything coconut and these remind me of Mounds bars. These coconut cream eggs seem really simple to make and the egg shape is perfect for an Easter treat. You could use white chocolate and make them pretty with designs too. 


3.  My hubby bought me some delicious smelling candles from Candelles for Christmas and I thought this one would be perfect for spring.  Sweet gardenia with hints of jasmine and citrus...yum! I also really love their packaging, simple and pretty enough to display.  Have you tried them? What's your favorite scent?

{Source:Baby Gap}

4.  This will be going in my shopping cart asap for Olivia's birthday.  I love that her birthday is in April so we can celebrate with bunny everything all month long! How adorable is this bunny wristlet from BabyGap?!  Between her love of bunnies and purses...I'm sure this will be a huge hit with her! 


What are some of your favorite Easter picks and must haves? Do you have any family desserts or festive activities you'd like to share? I love to hear what others families do! See you next Wednesday for more Hump Day Highlights! Click the next blog in the link up to head over and see their favorites, and don't forget to link up your blog below.



Grab our graphic, link back to one, some or all of us and add your link below! Also, follow along on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) #humpdayhighlights 




2 comments:

  1. Love your highlights Kaitlyn! That printable is too cute (I'm kind of obsessed with eos), the eggs are too cute, that candle looks like it would smell amazing and those coconut cream eggs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.