Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hump Day Highlights || Favorites + Weekly Link Up



Happy Hump Day! I am so excited to announce that I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to bring you the second installment of "Hump Day Highlights".

Each Wednesday we will list some things from the past week that we are loving, can't live without, are on our wishlists, or are things we are just plain obsessed with - and we will even add links (when applicable) so you can check out or scoop up anything you love, too.



Your weekly hosts are Misty, April, Kyra, Shannon, Amanda, Danica, Candice, and me! We would love for you to add your post to our link up of the things you are loving this week, too. And please spread the love by following the other blogs in the link up/commenting on their posts. This is such a great way to meet like-minded ladies and make new friends, all while showing off your blog, too. The Hump Day Highlights weekly link up is going to be a blast, I hope you link up and follow along!
{@thebirdsnestblog}

1. Yesterday, I made a festive St. Patrick's Day breakfast complete with a rainbow and fluffy clouds for Olivia. If you follow along with my Instagram: @thebirdsnestblog, I used our favorite tableware from Re-play and she loved it.  For the rainbow, I used raspberries, clementines, pineapple, green apple, and blackberries.   The fluffy clouds were scoops of plain Greek yogurt, throw in a shamrock pancake and some Cheerios and enjoy a little top 'o the morning to ya. 

{@thebirdsnestblog}

2.  I've been looking for a teepee as a gift for Olivia's second birthday and I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.  I am a little shell shocked as to how much some of them are selling for as well! I found this tutorial from one of my favorite bloggers, Julie Blanner, and I think I may try this!  I will be using fabric instead of a drop cloth because I'd like to make it extra fun for her play area.  We also need a smaller sized one so I think this will be perfect for her. 

{Photo via: Julie Blanner}

3.  I switch back and forth between tea and coffee most mornings and I absolutely love finding different kinds to try.  I found this Coconut Marshmallow Coffee from World Market and it sounds amazing!  Pair it with your favorite mug and you have yourself a little cup of happiness in the midst of a chaotic morning. 

{Photo via: World Market}

4.  Berry baskets.  I'm obsessed with how adorable these are.  They're perfect for displaying fruit, little toys, arts & crafts, and so much more.  I love how they can be used for fun hostess gifts with hand soap, some fun tea towels and a candle. Or even as a teacher gift with a gift card and a pretty mug.  So many ideas! If you're planning on giving them as part of a gift, I'd probably use the paper ones, but if you are using for your own home to store sponges, soap, utensils, etc then I'd use this one from Anthropologie.  I've also seen them at Michael's craft stores in many different colors. 

{Photo via: Anthropologie}

That's it for me! See you next Wednesday for more Hump Day Highlights! Click the next blog in the link up to head over and see their favorites, and don't forget to link up your blog below.
Grab our graphic, link back to one, some or all of us and add your link below! Also, follow along on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) #humpdayhighlights 


5 comments:

  1. 100% yes to this entire post! i cannot believe our babes are going on 2 years!! I look forward to seeing how the teepee turns out! also, im pretty jealous that your babe eats food and you got to make such a fun meal for her... i still only dream of such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted one of those berry baskets for so long, and I can't find any in Canada or anyone who will ship to Canada :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to see how your teepee turns out! We made one last year when we living in CA and loved it! [and by we, I totally mean my husband. haha]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute breakfast! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting the humpday highlights! Your baby is a cutie!!!
    Kim @ This Ole MOm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.