Friday, July 31, 2015

Meet & Mingle || Inspired Family of 5

                    

It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  This week, I'm so happy to share Jen from Inspired Family of 5 with you!  I just love her blog and I can't wait for you to read what she'll be up to in the next few years - amazing! Hope you enjoy all of her answers to some fun behind-the-blog questions! 

1.  Your blog name & it’s significance
INSPIRED FAMILY OF 5 - Family of 5 is self explanatory, but the "Inspired" came from our homeschool name.  We are homeschoolers and in the state of CA people are required to file a private school affidavit and give a name for their school.  We picked Inspired Academy.  We felt most of the big decisions in our life have been inspired by our faith in God. So there you go.

2.  Tell us a little about your family
I'm 33 years old but I still feel 23.  I have a degree in Criminal Justice and I was a preschool teacher for 8 years. My husband Daniel is 4 years younger than me. (Yes, I'm the cougar!) He is an environmental engineer - he teases everyone he meets - and he is the youngest of SIX kids.  We have two daughters Marley and Dylan.  And we have one son named Desmond.  We are an LDS family and we grew up in Southern California.  Our favorite things to do are hang out at the beach and go to Disneyland.  We are currently planning to buy a trailer and travel the U.S. full time together for 2-3 years.  We are very excited to begin this crazy adventure soon!


3.  Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...
Biolage Shampoo - It smells so good.
Mr. Bubble Bubble Bath - My kids love this stuff.
Up & Up Apricot Facial Scrub from Target - Best facial scrub ever!


4.  I never leave the house without...
A bottle of water, my cell phone, and diapers.


5.  First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself
Turn on some jams and dance!  I'm a performer, so I love to sing and dance.  It is my hidden passion.  In the past I've danced with musical theatre groups, a hip hop crew that toured San Diego, and I can even be spotted dancing in a music video for the Canadian band Hollerado.  Dancing is in my heart and I dance every chance I get.


6.  Favorite cupcake
I'm not a big fan of cupcakes.  I am more of a french fries person.  But I love red velvet bundt cakes. Those are bomb!

7.  Top three baby items you’d recommend to new moms
1) ErgoBaby Carrier - I've owned 6 different carriers and this one is the best, no contest!
2) Muslin Swaddling Blankets - The essential blanket for babies and so cozy.
3) The O-Ball - Kids of all ages play with this one. 

8.  Currently obsessed with…
The Blacklist! It's currently my favorite show.  I am a huge James Spader fan and I adore the character Raymond Reddington.  Legit entertainment! 

9.  Top three meals you make for your family
This ought to be good.  I am NOT good at cooking.  It's something I need to work on.
1) Red Baron Frozen Pizza
2) Spaghetti & Cheese Toast (But I will say this: My cheese toast is amazing.)
3) Chicken Tacos

10.  Favorite blog & why 
SoCal Field Trips - We get all of our family friendly event updates from that blog.  We've been able to have so much fun because of those blog notifications!




Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Jen! I just love learning about who's behind the blog...so fun, right?! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and follow along! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;) XO

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feature! Your series is fun. I'll be following to meet other bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.