Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Meet & Mingle || Us + Him

It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  This week, I'm so happy to share Misty from Us + Him with you!  I just love her blog and she has the sweetest little girl.  Can't wait for you to get to know her more, too! 


Your blog name & it’s significance
Us + Him is the name I came up with when my Mike and I planned on BOTH writing for the blog. Unfortunately it never ended up happening. We have recently discussed it and he still may, but even if he doesn’t, it’s a good name to represent what the reason for our blog is - our family, aka myself and my daughter (plus any future children), and our life with my partner, her (their) father!

Tell us a little about your family

Mike is my boyfriend (we are not currently married, but “legally” married in the law’s eyes since we have a child together. I often call him hubby because it’s just easier than saying ‘boyfriend', plus that word just doesn’t seem to cut it for what our relationship is. We are Canadians from Southern Ontario. We are homebodies and Mike and I both work, he full time, and myself part time. It get busy so often by the end of the day we are just tired. However we try to go on adventures in our neighbourhood whenever we can - try different parks, splash pads, etc. Brynn is 2 this month and she is the light of our lives. She was entirely planned and we couldn’t have been more blessed, she was such a good baby. Now she is very independent, fearless, and is a risk taker, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.



Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...

Right now I am using products from Haven Living and The Honest Co on B since I try to use whatever natural products I can. For me, I buy whatever shampoo happens to be on sale when I need shampoo, and I’m finishing up a big container of Aveeno body wash I got. it smells good but it’s super bad for me. I’m slowly trying to switch to better products using the Talk Dirty app, which you can read about on my blog. A brand that I LOVE that IS safe is Lush. I use many of their products like face masks, sprays, bath bombs, and soaps.

I never leave the house without...

My phone. I just can’t, which is sad. I don’t use it very often outside of the house or work but it’s my main camera and I am forever taking photos! So it must be with me.

First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself

Lay down. Then whip out my phone and play the games 'Candy Crush' or ‘Covet'. As I said above, I really don’t use my phone much lately so when I DO get a chance to play my silly iPhone games - I DO! Then if I have longer than 5 minutes I will usually blog or go on Facebook, reply to emails, or take a bath, depending how many minutes I have. Note - I consider minutes to myself to mean every other chore is done. Otherwise, lately, chores come first unless I am just beyond exhausted. I am trying SO hard to keep the house clean every day.

Favorite cupcake

I love them all. I actually have always loved cupcakes (I have one tattooed behind my ear). Not only because they’re delicious, but because they’re so cute! So I couldn’t possibly pick, but The Cake Box in Southern Ontario makes some pretty amazing ones!

Top three baby items you’d recommend to new moms 

- Aden + Anais muslin cloth swaddle blankets
- A soother (Sorry, but it’s true! Plus it reduces the risk of SIDS)
- A sling or wrap for baby so you can wear them and be hands free (plus they love the comfort of it, among many other benefits)

Currently obsessed with…

Fitbit and the My Fitness Pal the app, which are helping me organize and maintain an active lifestyle! You can also read more about that on my blog :)

Top three meals you make for your family

- Pasta with veggies and meat, pan fried and tossed in oil and herbs, or spaghetti
- a meat, a veggie or two, and a carb (the classic dinner!)
- Stir fry (mostly a winter staple, but delicious and underrated)
I really need to try some new recipes! Pretty sure I have 85373933 recipes pinned on Pinterest, I need to make a few!

Favorite blog & why 

Right now our summer is SUPER busy so I am having SUCH a hard time keeping up with social media especially blogs… but I, like every mom on the planet, just love the Garvin family, and Jess Oakes at Positively Oakes. Plus I have an amazing group of ladies inspiring me every day in the Fab Female Bloggers group. There’s so many ladies just KILLIN it with their blogs these days, and I am so grateful to call many of them friends.


Social Media Links:



Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Misty! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and become a follower! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.