Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Favorite Recipes || Fresh Cod with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce

Hi friends! I wanted to share a new recipe that I tried last night for dinner and it was SO delicious.  Cod is one of my favorite types of seafood and even Olivia likes it so it's a win! This recipe could not be easier and its a great, healthy (ok without the cream) meal that tastes like it came directly from a restaurant. 


Here's what you'll need:

Fresh cod (enough for your family)
12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers, drained
1 garlic clove
Basil (I used frozen cubes)
1 1/4 cups of cream or half & half
Zucchini
Two carrots
1/2 red onion
Fresh parsley
Salt + pepper

I used my Dutch oven, but anything oven safe would work. 



1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut veggies into matchstick pieces and set aside.

2.  Roughly chop roasted red peppers and sauté with garlic, basil and olive oil until warmed through.  Puree the mixture and return to the Dutch oven.  Add cream and veggies and stir together.  Layer the cod over the mixture and put in the oven.


3.  Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until fish is flaky and cooked through.



I served ours over jasmine rice and it would certainly work over pasta or egg noodles.  Even alone with some crusty bread...so yummy!  

What are some of your favorite fish recipes?  I love to try new ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.