Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! We have had the nicest weather here the past few days and we've been soaking up all the sunshine that we can!  There's been park playing, breezes blowing through the windows and lots of happiness with all of this fresh air.  On one of our trips to the park, my sister showed up a few minutes after us and we realized we dressed the girls in exactly the same outfit.  That's what happens when your mommies are twins! 




With all this nice weather, the last thing I have wanted to do is cook and think about dinner.  I've had this problem most of this pregnancy butttt we're headed into spring, which always inspires me for some fresh recipes.  Tonight I'm planning on making a version of this.  It's basically a non-traditional Cuban sandwich that uses turkey and ham instead of pork.  Cold cuts are on the "no" list, but these will be heated so its a win.  Also, it's something different that we haven't had in a long time so that's a double win. 

The baby's room is coming along - the wallpaper is up, the other walls are trimmed and painted and we're just waiting on a closet system and overhead lighting.  Although I would like to go with a cute chandelier or farmhouse light fixture, the other bedrooms have fans so we're opting to go for a fan to have a similar look in all the rooms.  I started to wash some of Olivia's old baby clothes and it brings back such memories!  So many cute outfits that I had forgotten about and others that I remember so well that they were my favorite.  I have two outfits that I'm choosing between for her coming home outfit and they are both adorable.  Over the crib, I'm DIYing these letters because although I love the Anthropologie ones, her name is nine letters long so we're opting not to spend $162 on them.  I bought these paper mache letters and metallic spray paint and will be going to work on this project soon.  Any guesses as to what her name is?!  We'll be sharing once the nursery post is complete.  

Easter is just 16 days away and I can't wait!  I love Easter and I'm so excited for Olivia to hunt for eggs and see her Easter basket goodies.  My mom and I went shopping yesterday and she bought her this dress and she is going to look so cute! I love floral dresses on little ones.  Once Easter passes, our focus will be on her third birthday party!  She has requested a "purple party", soooo...I'll be looking on Pinterest.  I'm thinking that theme is so broad that it'll be easy to put together a cute, super purple event ;)  Since it is her third birthday, we'll be doing a family party like we did last year so it'll be low key and probably a week or two before her actual birthday because #newborn.  I already have this book in my Amazon cart so that's a start ;) 

I hope you all have a great weekend & enjoy the sunshine!  As always, don't forget to follow along on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) for a glimpse into our daily life and fun giveaways coming up! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.