Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decking the Tree!

Whew...it's been a little while since I've posted...lots of decorating here at The Birds Nest!  We actually have two trees this year ~ one real one and one artificial that my hubby had from last year.

While my hubby was at work one night, I set up the fake tree in our bedroom... quite the surprise when he got home :)  I decided that I wanted that tree to be the home to all of our traditional, mismatched, different color, etc ornaments.  It looks really nice and it's a nice mix of yours, mine, and ours :)

The real tree is in our living room, which has blues, browns, and tans. You can image my hubby's face when I said there would be NO reds, greens, etc. on the real tree!! I found these beautiful ornaments at Sam's Club...I know! 100 shatterproof ornaments in gorgeous bronze, golds, silvers... absolutely love them....


The larger ornaments were a few layers down and they were the exact color I was looking for!  I also picked up a few blue ornaments from Walmart that were equally as sparkly.  

First, my hubby and I laid everything on the table so we could see what we were working with:


It doesn't look like much here, but boy is this tree dripping!  The little birds came from Macy's 50% off :) Snowflakes & gold ornaments from Target and the Dollar Tree, bead strands from Michael's.  Have you checked out the Dollar Tree lately?? They have so many sparkly ornaments and you would never know they were only a $1!

Here we go...



...and truly sparkly at night...the real thing is much more beautiful in person!








Ahh...I wish you could see it in person...looove it!

I also put together a hot cocoa station. I saw this cute idea over at My Sweet Savannah. This is definitely one of my favorite Christmas ideas!

The apothecary jars are from Home Goods and T.J. Maxx...


I made the little glass holding the candy canes by gluing a Dollar Tree glass and candlestick holder together using Gorilla Glue. I think it came out nicely!


I added a little snowflake hanging from ribbon, both from the Dollar Tree



Hope you enjoy this post! More Christmas decor at The Birds Nest coming soon!


3 comments:

  1. I really love that blue/gold/brown thing going on. Gorgeous! I'm all about silver and green this year--got a white tree in the LR as my "decor" tree and next week will get our real tree for the den with all the family "heirloom" ornaments on it. I have to admit, as much as I love my white tree, I miss the macaroni garlands and handprint ornaments on our wacky real tree.See ya! Love the blog! http://housefinally.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-beginning-to-look-lot-like.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea!! It would get well used at my house! Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.