Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cast Iron Skillet BBQ Chicken Pizza || Recipe

Hello friends!  I wanted to share the recipe that I used for our homemade pizza we had this weekend. It was amazing!  Using a cast iron skillet created a super crispy crust on the bottom, while leaving airy dough on top = highly recommend! This recipe is also very quick and easy, perfect for a weeknight or to throw together during a busy weekend.


Ingredients:

Pizza Dough (I used fresh from the grocery store)
Honey BBQ sauce
Sliced cooked chicken
Red onion
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Fresh Cilantro

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place cast iron skillet in oven to heat up until oven is preheated. (If you're using a baking sheet or pizza pan, I'd do the same to ensure a crispy crust)
- Roll out pizza dough and shape into skillet, slightly forming up the sides.
- Cook dough for 10 minutes
- After dough has cooked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and spread dough with bbq sauce (I loved the slight sweetness of honey BBQ in contrast to the red onions)
- Layer with cheddar cheese,  sliced chicken, and red onion.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro & enjoy!


Next time, I may try caramelized onions and chopped bacon as different toppings.  If you're not a huge cilantro fan, try fresh parsley.  It was so good and so quick...Olivia loved it as well! I'd love to hear if you try it!

6 comments:

  1. This looks really good! The way you made it in the skillet sounds like it would taste like from a stone oven, nice and crispy crust. I love it. Getting hungry looking at the yummy pictures. Thank you for stopping by the Lavish Lemons link up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  2. My hubby would absolutely love this pizza! I can't wait to try it. Always nice having you join the Lavish Lemon Link Up totally loving your blog XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to know if you try it!

      Delete
  3. Well, tonight is pizza night and we may need to try this!! Yum! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Let me know if you try it!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.