Good morning! I made these muffins over the weekend and have been enjoying them ever since, perfect for breakfast or a snack. They're super easy and customizable to your family's taste. I added some chia seeds in for added nutrition. You could also add peanut butter, chopped pecans, chocolate chips...whatever your little heart desires. I love recipes that are one bowl and into the oven, less dishes and I'm more inclined to bake if it's simple. Here's the recipe...
Streusel Topped Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
1 1/2 cups of oats (I used quick cooking rolled oats)
1 1/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Chia seeds (however much you'd like)
1/4 cup of oats
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add in the applesauce, brown sugar, milk, oil and egg. Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin tins until almost full.
- Top muffins evenly with the streusel topping.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
This made 12 regular sized muffins and 6 mini muffins. The muffins would freeze really well too. I liked that they have texture to them so it feels like a hearty breakfast and Olivia enjoyed them too. If you're not a texture loving person, I'd ground the oats first. Do you have a favorite muffin recipe? I'd love for you to share. Enjoy!