Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Supper || Creamy Meatball Casserole

After a busy day, it's always nice to have an easy dinner recipe that can be thrown together quickly and tastes delicious.  I adapted this recipe from different recipes on Pinterest and it was so good!  I used homemade meatballs and sauce, but you can certainly use frozen meatballs and jarred sauce to save even more time!


Ingredients:
1 loaf of crusty bread cut into cubes(I used Italian)
1 lb (or more) of cooked meatballs
1 jar, or about 4 cups of homemade sauce
1 block of cream cheese
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. of Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, mayo and about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning and set to the side.  Place bread cubes in the bottom of a casserole dish and place in the oven to toast slightly for a few minutes.  After bread cubes have toasted, spread the cream cheese mixture over the bread and then layer with meatballs.  Spread sauce over the meatballs and sprinkle with shredded cheese.  Cook for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. 

Easy, right?  I served mine with a green salad.  It was a quick and easy recipe that my whole family loved.  Here is how I make my meatballs, if you'd like to try with homemade meatballs:

1 lb. of ground beef (I use certified Angus)
1 egg
1 slice of bread soaked in milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Fresh parsley
Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper

Mix together milk soaked bread (squeeze excess milk out if needed), bread crumbs, salt, pepper, cheese.  Add egg and ground beef, mix together until all ingredients are incorporated.  Add fresh chopped parsley.  Form meat mixture into small meatballs - I use a mini cookie scoop for even sizes. Bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes depending on size, or until golden brown and cooked through.  

I hope you enjoy this recipe!  Let me know if you try it! 

**Don't forget to enter the current giveaway to BYOImagination going on here: Wooden Toy Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.