Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Inspiration Board || Playroom Edition


I am so excited that we are re-doing our basement and transforming it into a playroom!  Currently, it is my hubby's "man cave" and the dog's room...aka I hate hate hate it.  I rarely spend time down there, with the exception of some nights while I'm trying to be a ninja creeping around post bedtime avoiding making any noise so I can watch some Real Housewives.  I basically told Rob that we were turning the basement into a playroom so I was pleasantly surprised when he didn't argue.  I think he's secretly excited about this, princess tent and all.  I'm trying to keep it neutral with pops of color so it can be enjoyed by everyone.  Except the dog.  Bye bye to sleeping on the couch, Harper.  Is that mean?  Nah...  Dog hair drives me up the wall! We're planning on buying this couch from Ikea. We're going with the white slipcover and before you think I'm crazy, here's why... 1. The slipcover can be washed  2. In the case of dirt, crayons, play doh, cookie crumbs, etc this can be bleached 3. Because I love white and it's gotten so many great reviews I think it's worth a try  4.  Its affordable, yet Pottery Barn inspired.  I'm also planning on purchasing an extra slipcover to use while one is being washed.  In the clearance section of Ikea I found multiple slipcovers in all different colors, being sold for as little as $10!  Gotta love Ikea clearance section.  For extra seating, I found this pouf from Target marked down to $18 on clearance!  It's more of a mustard color than shown and I think it'll be a fun addition to the room. Seriously, bargain shopping makes my day. 



I also found this rug from Ikea as well, marked down to $29 for a 5 x 7...I couldn't pass it up!  It's darker in the picture but it's a nice gray with hints of white.  It's also indoor/outdoor so it'll be easy to keep clean. 


The basement is the only room in the house with carpet, so we're choosing to take that out and use this vinyl plank flooring from Lowes.  Due to the fact that this is a basement, we went with these after doing some research.  It was between laminate and vinyl flooring and our local Lowe's recommended the vinyl, which is better for moisture prone areas.  After browsing through Pinterest, I'm shocked by how real these floors looked.  We went with Antique Woodland Oak to add a rustic, hand scraped look.  


The chalkboard print is from the Caravan Shoppe, which I'm obsessed with for prints!  I had this printed at Staples in engineer size for about $4! I added wood to the top and bottom to create a finished look that I can't wait to show you.


In addition to the chalkboard print, I'm also making a chalkboard wall for Olivia to draw and have fun with.  I love chalkboard walls so I can't wait to see it finished.  We're planning on wall mounting our tv and repurposing a bookcase that we bought years ago from Ikea into an entertainment/storage area.  I'll be using a mix of baskets to hide away some toys and other various items.  Also, as you can see in the inspiration board I included a tree stump side table.  Isn't that fun?  I'm keeping my eyes out during my next HomeGoods trip.  I'm so excited to start the process of turning our basement into a playroom!  You can follow along with our progress on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) if you'd like, and as always I'll be posting updates on here as well.  I hope you all have a great day! 



3 comments:

  1. We grow up listening that proper diet and exercise are very important to live a happy and healthy life. Seldom are we informed about the benefits of a right mattress and the harmful effects of sleeping on a bad mattress.
    Buy Right Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are the very nice collection. Can you please upload more designs?
    Outdoor Sofa Set

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.