Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Easy & Delicious Tikka Masala [Slow Cooker Recipe]

My sister made Tikka Masala a few months ago and I've been craving it ever since.  [Side note: I always say "Tikki"...whatever;)] This recipe is easy and super yummy! I love using my slow cooker and use it frequently, which is a lifesaver for busy days, so this recipe is great for our family.  I based my recipe off of this recipe, which I found on Pinterest and changed it according to our taste.  Olivia ate almost her entire plate, which also shows it's a keeper! Here's how I made mine...

[Follow along on IG @thebirdsnestblog]


Ingredients:

Boneless, skinless thighs (enough for your family)
1 shallot (or small onion)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 can of crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 Tbsp Cumin 
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 bay leaf
Salt + Pepper to taste
-------
3/4 can coconut milk
3 Tbsp cornstarch 
-------
Jasmine Rice
Lime Wedges
Parsley or Cilantro

Directions:
1.  Mix together the onion, garlic, tomatoes, Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, Garam masala, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper.  Pour mixture into slow cooker.
2.  Dice chicken thighs into bite-sized bites (skip this if you'd prefer shredded chicken)
3.  Add the chicken to slow cooker and coat with sauce mixture.
4.  Add bay leaf and cover.
5.  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
6.  Add the coconut milk mixed with cornstarch and stir to combine.  Cook another 15 mins or until hot.
7. Serve over coconut rice with fresh lime wedges.  

Coconut Jasmine Rice: I love, love, love coconut rice...so good! I make mine using 1 cup of jasmine rice and 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk.  I always use my rice cooker, but if you prefer the stove top just follow the directions on the bag.  The coconut milk makes it really creamy and it's a nice addition to this meal. 

If you'd like to see how much Olivia enjoyed this, I'll leave you with this ;) 





Enjoy! XO

Follow along on: Facebook  Pinterest  Instagram  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.