Friday, October 17, 2014

Recipe || Maple Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

I like pretty cupcakes and I cannot lie...those other mommas can't deny when a big, pretty cupcake... Ok, ok I'm done (where's my laughing emjoi?) Anyway, it's true.  I love cupcakes and I love pretty cupcakes even more.



These were the easiest cupcakes ever because they start out with a boxed recipe.  Normally, I prefer a more bakery style cupcake, so I doctored these up to make them more homemade tasting.


Here is the recipe for bakery style Maple Brown Sugar cupcakes:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 Box of Pillsbury Maple Brown Sugar cake mix
 -Add 1 more egg than called for
 -Use melted butter instead of oil
 -Use milk instead of water
 -Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla

Mix it all together and fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.  Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees and bake for suggested time on box.

Preheating the oven to a higher temperature then reducing while cooking causes the cupcakes to rise more.

Now, to make the frosting... Again, I used a container of cream cheese frosting to start and added in about 1/3 block of cream cheese.  I whipped the frosting and cream cheese together to create a fluffier texture and slightly less sweet, more intense cream cheese favor.  If I had more time, I would have used this recipe.  To decorate these, I simply frosted them and then rimmed them with fun fall sprinkles.

I'm definitely going to play around with a homemade recipe for cupcakes similar to this.  Do you have a favorite cupcake recipe?  I'd love for you to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.