Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Spiralized Greek Salad || Recipe

Have you all felt the healthy eating itch lately?  After indulging in a good share of Christmas cookies, cakes, and chocolates I'm currently craving healthier foods.  Now, as a side note, I did text my sister this exact message last night: "Everyone is like lets get in shape! I'm over here like that chocolate Santa was goooood!" So lets be honest...it's all about moderation ;)

That being said, this salad was so fresh and so easy to make that I had to share it with you!  If you don't have a spiralizer (thanks Mom!) you can use a julienne peeler to create similar, but straight ribbons of cucumber.  Spiralizing the cucumbers made the salad so fun to eat!

SPIRALIZED GREEK SALAD 


Ingredients: 
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Red Onion
Feta Cheese
Kalamata Olives
Olive Oil 
Red Wine Vinegar
Lemon
Oregano 
Thyme
Salt & Pepper


Spiralize the cucumbers and dress with olive oil, vinegar,  oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.  


Top with your favorite Greek salad toppings.  My favorites are tomatoes, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and red onions.  Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon. I served mine with lemon-thyme chicken.  

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.