Monday, October 11, 2010

"Fall"ing Around the House

Fall is one of my favorite seasons to decorate for...ok every season is my favorite...but right now I'm loving everything fall.  My hubby and I are still renting so we can't quite make the renovations that we would like, but we're working with what we have.

I started decorating around August ahem September 1st... I can't help it!! A lot of my decorating "stuff" has been taken borrowed from my mom when I go over there to visit.  She has a great sense of style and excellent decorating techniques :)

That being said...let me show you how I've started to decorate for fall.  First, here is our new hutch that we just bought from Lancaster, PA...love it there!


And another, with better lighting:

Again, most of the fall "stuff" was taken from my mom and bought from Home Goods.  I LOVE Home Goods!  It is one of my many favorite stores and I love that there are always new treasures to find!

This little bowl was part of a mixing bowl set that I received at my bridal shower and repurposed to hold these little Dollar Tree pumpkins and foam apples.

The cutest fall sign from Home Goods:

I am also in love with hurricane glasses and apothecary jars...I made these for $2 using a candle stick holder, glass vase, and a little Gorilla glue...thank you to Decor Chick for the great tutorial and idea! 

I also love wreaths, but there are some pricey ones out there! After reading a blog about a diy fall wreath over at Thrifty Decor Chick (love her blog - so creative and inspiring!), I wanted to make my own using a grapevine wreath, Dollar Tree leaves, and a glue gun.  Much cheaper version that those pricey ones  in stores and I think it came out pretty nice for my first diy wreath! 





And our front door...


Still a work in progress but coming out nicely :)  I would love comments/ suggestions!  Thank you for stopping by!



Coming Soon:  The Great Dining Room Table Makeover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.