Thursday, March 26, 2015

Amazing Lemon Butter Chicken // Recipe

Alternatively titled: So Good You'll Drink the Sauce Chicken.  If you follow me on Pinterest, you probably notice I'm a big pinner of recipes, fun kids stuff, and home decor.   Most of my pins sit nicely under my food boards and I literally can't think of a thing to make for dinner ;)  Do you do that too?? I love Pinterest so I'll need to start actually using it, instead of pinning pretty things.  

I did once tell my mom that I had big plans of organizing my Pinterest boards over the weekend... Let's not take a minute to realize how sad that is ;) Um, also why are there no emojis for blogs.  I could have used the monkey covering its eyes one.  

Moving on, this chicken is amazing. It's so easy and seriously delicious.  I adjusted the recipe slightly, here is the original recipe from Damn Delicious.  

{Source: Damn Delicious}

Lemon Butter Chicken

Chicken thighs - skin on, bones in 
1 tablespoon of paprika
Salt + Pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup of chicken stock (I used homemade bone broth)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
Juice + Zest of one lemon
2 cups of fresh baby spinach
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 clove of garlic
Parmesan Cheese 

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet or Dutch oven.  Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt, pepper and paprika, coating both sides. Brown on both sides and remove from pan.
  3. Add minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and cook until fragrant. 
  4. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, juice and zest of lemon, parmesan cheese (I just sprinkled in), and thyme.  Bring to a boil and stir in the fresh spinach. Simmer until sauce has slightly thickened and spinach has wilted.  Add chicken back into the pan. 
  5. Roast in the oven (uncovered for about 15 mins) for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through. 
I served ours over jasmine rice and sprinkled fresh parsley over the top. My hubby is not a huge fan of thighs (that's hilarious but I can't say it any other way) so I may use chicken breast next time...but they add so much flavor so he may just have to get over that ;)  The original recipe called for much more garlic and more thyme but the first time it was slightly too strong so I cut down the amount of thyme.  I also didn't have fresh parmesan cheese and it worked out just fine.  It's seriously so good and I couldn't wait to have leftovers the next day.  Olivia ate almost two entire chicken thighs on her own! Considering she's been eating a stick of butter over actual food lately, I'll take that as a win. 

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.