Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Favorites

Hi friends! I'm so happy it's Friday (I totally just typed Wednesday...#babybraininfullswing) but really Friday is what I've been looking forward to all week.  Today, my sister and I are planning to run some errands and do some last-minute Valentine's Day shopping with the girls.  I've requested that my hubby make this deliciousness for dinner on Valentine's Day because let's face it, we have a toddler and she'll be included too because we didn't make plans early enough.  Have you read this post on Honest Toddler?!  So funny and so true! Speaking of some toddler fun, these are some candid snapshots from this week ;) 

Cheesin' before toddler time


Superbowl at my sister's house - they know how to party #partyhats 


Snuck downstairs while protesting a nap..."Hi, Mommy!"



Now on to some favorites of mine this week...

I cannot wait to try this Molten Chocolate Latte!! I'm sure a trip to Target will be occurring while we're running errands so this will undoubtedly be enjoyed. Even if the toddlers are losing it in the dollar spot. Starbucks + Target are a match made in heaven.

I've been making Valentine's crafts with Livvy all week and she is loving it!  While all of the glitter, paint, and glue can cause slight anxiety (read: everywhere) I know she's really enjoying it and she needs to learn how to use everything before she goes to school.  Trust me on this, teach your kids to use scissors and glue before they start and it will make a world of difference. These are some cute crafts I've seen on Pinterest that would be great for little ones to do: rainbow heart sun catchersbee mine valentineheart shaped animals, and a handprint monkey valentine.  

We just ordered the 4moms Breeze and I can't waitttttt to get it!  I did some mystery shopping for 4moms and received a gift card to put towards it so I'm SO excited to use it for the new baby.  I'm a neutral girl through and through so we got the black and grey version and I love that it can fit into our home decor.  I've never been a fan of baby-themed products that are super colorful or pastels unless it was going in the playroom so it'll be so nice to have something that sleek yet totally baby functional. Also, it's amazingly easier to set up than other playards so it's a win win! 

And because I'm 30 weeks pregnant and hungry I thought I'd throw some recipes in the mix that I'd like to try...because #dinnerrut .  This Bruschetta Chicken Pasta looks yummy and simple, Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti - yummmm, White Chicken Chili - perfect for cold nights, and Pioneer Woman Beef Stroganoff would be right up my hubby's alley.  I made homemade Arancini last night and it was so good.  I paired it with lemon-garlic roasted broccoli and we gobbled it up.  For the Arancini: 2 1/2 cups of cooked rice, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, mozzarella cubes, panko, 2 beaten eggs   Mix together rice, egg, and parmesan cheese.  If it's super loose, add another beaten egg.  Roll rice into balls and stuff with a cube (or two) of mozzarella cheese.  Roll rice ball in egg wash & coat with panic breadcrumbs.  Lightly fry each side and place on baking sheet.  Bake at 425 until cooked through and golden brown.  For the lemon-garlic broccoli: Coat fresh broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic.  Toss together and roast at 425 for 10-12 mins, flipping once halfway.  Once broccoli is roasted, squeeze fresh lemon over the top.  

{@thebirdsnestblog}


Be sure to follow along on InstagramFacebook , and Bloglovin' for more snap shots of our week! Hope you all have a great weekend! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.