Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Hump Day Highlights || Organization Edition

 

Hi Friends! It's another Hump Day Highlights - this week's edition is all about organization! Every Wednesday five other mommas and I list some things from the past week that we are loving, can't live without, are on our wishlists, or are things we are just plain obsessed with - and we will even add links so you can check out or scoop up anything you love, too. 


Your weekly hosts are MistyAprilShannonAmandaDanica, and me! We would love for you to add your post to our link up of the things you are loving this week, too. And please spread the love by following the other blogs in the link up/commenting on their posts. This is such a great way to meet like-minded mamas and make new friends, all while showing off your blog, too. The Hump Day Highlights weekly link up is going to be a blast, I hope you link up and follow along!
Organization is something I think we all need in our lives.  It brings calmness and clear spaces equals a clear mind for me. I'd love to say I'm super organized and my house is always clean and tidy but that's far from the truth.  With a toddler, husband, dog and cat - and myself but I don't count because I clean it all up;) - it's really hard to keep a consistently clean and organized home.  I really do enjoy cleaning (I know that's weird!) but it brings me peace and I feel calmer when everything is in it's place. This past week I found some great pins on Pinterest so I thought I'd put together an organization post to give myself some inspiration...and hopefully you'll feel inspired too! 


{@thebirdsnestblog}

I love to organize Olivia's toys and I frequently switch them in and out to keep her interest.  Her puzzles were always bothering me because pieces would be all over the place and missing.  For each puzzle, I took out all of the pieces and put them in a plastic bag.  Now whenever she wants to do a puzzle, she grabs the board and the bag that goes with it.  Simple, right?!  Definitely saves the missing piece headache ;)

{Source: Julie Blanner}

Julie Blanner is one of my favorite bloggers.  Are you a reader of hers? If not, it's a must - so inspiring. Isn't her kitchen gorgeous?  Creating a pretty,  yet functional and organized space is my main goal for my kitchen. This kitchen is super functional and inspires me to use every inch of my cabinets! I really like how she hung her mixing tools on the cabinet door. I also have the gallon jars from Target for my sugar and flour and they're pretty on the counter.  

{Source: The DIY Playbook}

I've seen this pin quite a few times and I'm loving how its rustic and pretty, yet fully functional.  It's a cute way to keep those toiletry items organized.  I especially love the brush area, as Olivia is always stealing my makeup brushes to play with.  It would keep those away from little hands ;) 

{Source: Lovely Crafty Home}

This is probably the one organization item that I need the most: a command center. I've tried quite a few different things to organize our mail, bills, receipts, etc. Nothing has worked for me!  I'm a true piler (i.e. I move this neat pile to the next area and create another neat pile).  I mean my mom is normally horrified at the one section of our kitchen that mail, keys, random chapstick, paint brushes(?!) is dumped onto. That being said, this command center looks simple and easy to maintain so I think I'll try it. Do you have any mail/command center tips? Please share!


Another one of my favorite bloggers is Molly from Stilettos & Diapers and I love her meal planning techniques.  I really need to start meal planning more.  It helps to save money and definitely helps reduce the "what's for dinner?!" stress.    I think meal planning also inspires me to cook different meals and not get in a rut.  Don't ask my hubby how many times we had chili this winter ;) Something as simple as taking the time to organize your meals really worth it.  


*Be sure to check back at noon EST to enter my "Two" Sweet GIVEAWAY!! So many fun prizes and one winner takes all!!


That's it for me this week! I hope my Hump Day Highlights inspire you to organize your home!  Do you have a tried and true organization technique that you'd love to share?  What has worked the best for you in your own home? 

See you next Wednesday for more Hump Day Highlights! Click the next blog in the link up to head over and see their favorites, and don't forget to link up your blog below.  Grab our graphic, link back to one, some or all of us and add your link below! Also, follow along on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) #humpdayhighlights 


1 comment:

  1. I'm guilty of being a bit of a piler. What really happens is after I pay a pending bill I have hanging on what I guess would be out little command center, I forget to take it down. Then when I do I pull about 3 off at a time, get distracted and set them down rather than file them away, oops. Then the true piler-my husband-comes in with mail, rips it apart and leaves it alllllllll over the table with the things that needed to be filed lol No doubt we've lost things this way. I blame my squirrely pregnancy brain for letting me get distracted! The other half of our command center, the calendar, hangs on the most visible side of the fridge and gets read by no one but myself. I don't think there is much helping that problem though. Atleast it helps me keep life in check!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.