Thursday, August 13, 2015

Our Newport, Rhode Island Vacation

Hi friends! How are you today?  It's so nice to be home and settled from our Newport vacation, yet I miss being in vacation mode already! One of my friends told me that a vacation is no longer a vacation when you have kids.  It's a "trip." - Julia ;)  That's so true and although I love getting away from all the everyday hustle and bustle, it's hard work when you have little ones.  Packing up practically your entire house and driving somewhere to unload your house and every belonging you have into a different "home" for a few short days is quite the trip ;)  Mamas of little ones, am I right?  

Newport has been home to our family vacations for a few years now, and we just love it.  Great food, nice beaches, tons of shopping, and of course the gorgeous mansions.  Some of our favorite restaurants are The Red Parrot Restaurant Brick Alley Pub The White Horse Tavern , and there are tons of ice cream and cupcake places, too.  There are streets lined with stores and outlets for shopping and nice beaches to enjoy the day at.  Without kids, Castle Hill is beautiful for dinner.  On the way home from Newport, we stopped at the Mystic Aquarium and spent the afternoon there.  To read about where to eat, stay, and play in Mystic, read this post. 

Here are a few snapshots from the trip and head over to my Instagram to see more (@thebirdsnestblog)...


Overall, it was a great trip and I think Olivia really enjoyed herself.  I can't wait to go back again next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.